Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Suction Effective Mandibular Complete Dentures

Suction is attained in the lower denture in 80% of the cases. Even in the remaining 20%, SEMCD is the most stable, retentive denture system. It’s a new technique that can attain suction in both upper and lower dentures.

suction dentures

How Does It Work

It uses soft tissues to create air tight seal all the way around the border of the denture. There is no surgery involved! We will guide you through the impression process, using mouth movements in order to achieve an accurate custom fit. Suction is not contingent on the amount of bone but relies more on the surrounding tissues. Eight out of ten patients can attain suction on the lower denture. Even if suction is not achieved, Suction Effective Dentures are 100% more stable than the conventional type.

SEMCD can also be used in conjunction with implant retained dentures to give superior fit and function, it will create a food safe seal all the way around the denture preventing food from getting underneath, giving ultimate stability and retention.

Will It Work for Me?

80% of patients are candidates for our lower suction dentures. An exam will be performed in a free consultation to see if you’re a candidate, but the level of suction will be known after the final impression is taken. Even if you’re not a candidate for lower suction dentures you will have a better fit. Food will not be as likely to get underneath your denture.

Bringing Smiles to
the Nation’s Capital!